• 2009-01-12

    拙手翻译一首普拉斯的《镜子》&推荐《在一颗小星星下》 - [他山之玉]

    版权声明:转载时请以超链接形式标明文章原始出处和作者信息及本声明
    http://www.blogbus.com/bluejudy-logs/33697406.html

    参加豆瓣的读诗活动,发现这首诗,本来想偷懒,找现成的翻译,但是没有找到合适版本,只好自己胡乱动手,参考了别人的译本(http://www.blogbus.com/bluejudy-logs/14361156.html): 

    Sylvia Plath 西尔维亚.普拉斯     

    Mirror 镜子

    I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.    

    我是银质的,我很精确,没有偏见  

    Whatever I see, I swallow immediately.    

    不论看见什么,我都即刻咽下  

    Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike   

    按照原样,不为个人好恶所左右   

    I am not cruel, only truthful    

    我不是冷酷,我只是讲诚实--  

    The eye of a little god, four-cornered.    

    像一尊小神的一只眼睛,四角形的  

    Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.  

    大部分时间,我都盯着面前的那堵墙冥想  

    It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long    

    它是粉色的,上面有斑点。我已经看着它很久了  

    I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.

    我觉得它是我的心的一部分,但是它却不时隐没  

    Faces and darkness separate us over and over.

     一些脸庞和黑暗一遍又一遍地把我们分开     

    Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me.    

    现在我是一面湖水。一位妇人俯身贴近我

    Searching my reaches for what she really is.    

    遍寻我的每一条支流想找到真正的自己  

    Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.    

    然后她向那些骗子们求助,那些蜡烛和月亮  

    I see her back, and reflect it faithfully    

    我看见她的背,并忠实地把它映照出来  

    She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands.    

    她却用一滴一滴的眼泪和愤怒晃动的双手来回报我  

    I am important to her. She comes and goes.    

    不过我对她来说还是重要的,所以她总是来了又走,走了又来。  

    Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.    

    每天早上取代黑暗的总是她的脸。  

    In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman